Rosenberg vs. Harwood
After being struck in 2009 by a car while walking in the dark on a busy highway in Park City, Utah, Lauren Rosenberg filed suit against the driver who hit her (Harwood) and against Google. Rosenberg blamed the walking directions given to her by Google Maps for landing her in the middle of dangerous traffic. Google carries a warning about the imperfect reliability of its directions. This summer, a judge threw the case out of court.
* Bing: More Google Maps lawsuits
Stephanie Sinclair has photographed child marriage, self-immolation, and sensitive gender and human rights issues around the world, in hopes that the i... More Stephanie Sinclair has photographed child marriage, self-immolation, and sensitive gender and human rights issues around the world, in hopes that the images will help bring change. Learn more about Stephanie Sinclair and her work: http://proof.nationalgeographic.com/2013/11/20/stephanie-sinclair-on-creating-a-sense-of-urgency/.
Date 13 hrs ago, Duration 1:56, Views 2422
Latest tech videos
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.