Rosenberg vs. Harwood
After being struck in 2009 by a car while walking in the dark on a busy highway in Park City, Utah, Lauren Rosenberg filed suit against the driver who hit her (Harwood) and against Google. Rosenberg blamed the walking directions given to her by Google Maps for landing her in the middle of dangerous traffic. Google carries a warning about the imperfect reliability of its directions. This summer, a judge threw the case out of court.
* Bing: More Google Maps lawsuits
An invasive species of marsh reed has taken over a wetland in New York, and high school students have joined with biologists to try to destroy it witho... More An invasive species of marsh reed has taken over a wetland in New York, and high school students have joined with biologists to try to destroy it without using chemicals. Phragmites australis, also referred to as phrag, is a large, invasive reed that kills plants around it. Many in nearby communities oppose chemical spraying, so attempts are under way to control the plant naturally.
Date 6 hrs ago, Duration 4:40, Views 146
Latest tech videos
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.