Rosenberg vs. Harwood
After being struck in 2009 by a car while walking in the dark on a busy highway in Park City, Utah, Lauren Rosenberg filed suit against the driver who hit her (Harwood) and against Google. Rosenberg blamed the walking directions given to her by Google Maps for landing her in the middle of dangerous traffic. Google carries a warning about the imperfect reliability of its directions. This summer, a judge threw the case out of court.
* Bing: More Google Maps lawsuits
When the brine used to make pickles is disposed of, the pickling salt can seep into wetlands, contaminating the soil and creating breeding grounds for ... More When the brine used to make pickles is disposed of, the pickling salt can seep into wetlands, contaminating the soil and creating breeding grounds for mosquitoes. Scientists with the U.S. Department of Agriculture are developing a new pickling solution, and it's being tested with a leading pickle company. A Mt. Olive Pickle company official says its consumers are not noticing the difference.
Date 14-08-29, Duration 3:12, Views 210
Latest tech videos
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.