6. Diamond.com (tie)
Sold in: 2006
Fetched: $7.5 million
If buying diamonds (and having them shipped) online seems a little precarious to you, don't tell that to the buyers of Diamond.com. The blinged-out URL, which hosts a custom stone-engraving and online jewellery shop, was purchased from fellow web jeweller Ice.com for big bucks in 2006. Reportedly, Diamond.com was bought for more than ten times what it was cost original buyer, Odimo Inc.
* Video: Dog eats $20,000 diamond
Richard Steinberg is a Vietnam veteran who suffers from PTSD and diabetes. When he has nightmares, his service dog, Kira, comforts him. Kira can sense ... More Richard Steinberg is a Vietnam veteran who suffers from PTSD and diabetes. When he has nightmares, his service dog, Kira, comforts him. Kira can sense shifts in Steinberg's blood sugar and mood, helping him to monitor his health. Read more about America's military working dogs online in National Geographic magazine: http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2014/06/war-dogs/paterniti-text
Date 14-08-01, Duration 1:24, Views 144
Latest tech videos
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.