Javier García photo
Right now, as you sit in your climate-controlled office, scientists around the globe are hanging from trees, wading in frigid water and stuck in mud. They're waiting for that one shot, that one snap, of something never seen before.
It's not glamorous work (as anyone that's caught the "Planet Earth" behind-the-scenes footage can attest) but the results are stunning. Here are 10 of the most amazing species — flying reptiles, giant crawfish and otherwise — recently discovered around the world.
* Bing: North America's weirdest animals
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.