The 10 most Facebook-addicted countries
Find out where Canada ranks among the countries with the most Facebook users.
There's a scene in "The Social Network," the David Fincher-directed biopic about the humble beginnings of Facebook, where Napster co-founder Sean Parker tells Mark Zuckerberg (played by Jesse Eisenberg) he can expand the Harvard underclassman's site onto "two continents." In the film, Zuckerberg's jaw nearly hits the floor at the prospect -- if he only knew then what we know now.
Since that moment, which was based on a 2004 conversation between the two Internet pioneers, Facebook has exploded well past two continents, boasting some 540 million users around the world, according to the latest count. In fact, if Facebook's total users made up a country, it would be the third largest in the world, behind only India and China. Which nations have the most Facebook users on earth, then? Click through to find out.
* Traffic data based on unique visitors (number of unduplicated users on the site) that visited Facebook in August, 2010, the most recent available figures.
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.