How the web is ruining our lives
Is the Internet ruining our lives or making them better? When you consider epic struggles like these, it's hard to say for sure.
The Web and the real world don't always get along. Though the Internet has revolutionized our society in countless positive ways, the always-on network has also created various problems. Ultimately, it's a game of trade-offs: We gain certain benefits from its presence and accept certain drawbacks. In many cases, it's hard to say which side comes out ahead--and in some instances, the pluses and minuses harden into something like open combat. Here are 10 conflicts that pit the Web against the world.
* Video: The worldwide web turns 20
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.