Sharks: Slightly terrifying and endlessly fascinating
You'd think that after spending two full weeks strapped to the couch watching every moment of the Olympics we could find, we'd be ready for a break from the boob tube, but no. Because just as London's closing ceremony wrapped up, The Discovery Channel kicked off 'Shark Week', its annual primetime celebration of everything that makes us afraid of the beach.
Spending seven straight evenings watching toothy great whites leap out of the water did a number on our sleep schedule, but we saw it as a journalistic responsibility to keep watching so that we could bring you this collection of fascinating shark trivia we picked up watching Shark Week.
* Video: New images from Shark Week
The largest salamander in North America is elusive and facing threats. Researchers are trying to find out what is leading to the decline of these amphi... More The largest salamander in North America is elusive and facing threats. Researchers are trying to find out what is leading to the decline of these amphibians.
Date 13-12-20, Duration 2:39, Views 9918
Latest tech videos
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.