Sharks: Slightly terrifying and endlessly fascinating
You'd think that after spending two full weeks strapped to the couch watching every moment of the Olympics we could find, we'd be ready for a break from the boob tube, but no. Because just as London's closing ceremony wrapped up, The Discovery Channel kicked off 'Shark Week', its annual primetime celebration of everything that makes us afraid of the beach.
Spending seven straight evenings watching toothy great whites leap out of the water did a number on our sleep schedule, but we saw it as a journalistic responsibility to keep watching so that we could bring you this collection of fascinating shark trivia we picked up watching Shark Week.
* Video: New images from Shark Week
Pregnant women should avoid eating canned tuna and tuna sushi. They can contain high levels of mercury, which can damage a baby's nervous system. Consu... More Pregnant women should avoid eating canned tuna and tuna sushi. They can contain high levels of mercury, which can damage a baby's nervous system. Consumer Reports identifies safer types of seafood.
Date 2 hrs ago, Duration 1:35, Views 1
Latest tech videos
How quick are you to adopt new technologies?
Thanks for being one of the first people to vote. Results will be available soon. Check for results
- I'm a tech-head — first in line to buy the latest and greatest.
- I'll typically wait for the first wave to pass and the bugs fixed before diving in.
- If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I hang on to my tech goodies for good reason.
- I'm still using a VCR and my late '90s flip phone.